Fri, 03 Apr|
Free Taster - Tween Art and Relax
A relaxing art and mindfulness session for 8-12 year olds!
Time & Location
03 Apr 2020, 11:00 – 11:30
About The Event
Come and join Jess at The Sea Within, for calming art activities and mindfulness!
Kids will take part in group meditations, mindfulness and breathing exercises as well as creating their own meaningful artwork.
A great chance for kids to slow down, relax and check in with their emotions. Especially at such an uncertain and ever changing time. They will learn how to find calm in their bodies and minds, share how they feel and learn new art skills.
Benefits of mindfulness for children include:
- Better emotional awareness
- Increased confidence
- Calmer minds
- Improved mental and physical health
The sessions are taught by Jess Wilkinson, experienced art, yoga and mindfulness teacher.
Suitable for kids ages 8-12 years old
11:00 - 11:30
*PLEASE REGISTER BEFORE WEDNESDAY 1ST APRIL, AS THE VIDEO ART TASK WILL BE SENT OUT THEN TO COMPLETE.
The class will be a share and reflect of the art task, along with a mindfulness exercise.
I have space for 12 kids in each group, to ensure everyone has chance to speak if they want to.
- Please register for a 'Zoom' account and I will send you an invite 30 mins before it starts
- Create a clear space for children to sit quietly un-disturbed
- Parents may be present but it will be better if kids can have time alone during the session
- Please join the class 15 minutes before the start as it will start on time
Free Tween Art and Relax