Wed, 11 Oct|
Children's Art and Relax - FREE TASTER CLASS
A relaxing and inspiring online Mindful Art session for children ages 6-12
Time & Location
11 Oct 2023, 17:30 – 18:30 BST
About The Event
Come and join Jess for a calming Mindful Art class for ages 6-12!
Children will take part in calming nature connection activities, guided meditations, breathing exercises as well as creating meaningful artwork 'from the heart'!
A great chance for kids to slow down, relax and check in with their emotions as well as connect to the magic of nature. They will learn how to notice and regulate their emotions, notice the wonder of nature and how to relax using mindful art.
This is a lovely weekly class and the children in the group really enjoy relaxing in their own space before bedtime and forge meaningful friendships & connections with the rest of the group. It is very relaxed and the aim of the activities are to encourage the children to feel good rather than to create a polished outcome. Pyjamas and comfy clothes are welcome!
Benefits of mindfulness for children include:
- Better emotional awareness
- Increased confidence
- Calmer minds
- Improved mental and physical health
Suitable for kids ages 6-12 years old
Wednesday 11th October
17:30 - 18:45
(6 week block usually £50 per child)
The class will be a LIVE SESSION, with occasional video recorded meditations and activities.
I have space for 12 children in each group to ensure that everyone has a chance to speak if they want to.
- Create a clear space for children and stay in a room close by/in ear shot
- Join 5 minutes before the start, you will wait in the 'virtual waiting room' until I admit you
- Please show children how to put the microphone and camera on/off
- You will need basic art equipment such as: Drawing paper, pencils, fine-liner pen, watercolour paints, coloured pencils, scissors and glue etc. I may email prior to the lesson if children need to collect any items specifically for the activity
Please get in touch with any questions at all.
Art & Relax FREE taster
Try this class for free and join us next term for weekly classes rich in calm moments, fun and creativity!£0.00